(2-CD set) Spotted in a New York Speakeasy she was bought to London in 1924 by Australian impresario Beaumont Alexander who immediately divested her of her American accent, dyed her hair platinum blonde ( before Jean Harlow!) and launched her into the world of exotic West End cabaret where she was known for performing in nothing but a g string and feather boa…and this was 1925! The "Thirties" were Frances decade and she appeared in countless shows and films, her greatest success being the stunning stage production of "Jill Darling". She was a song stylist of supreme individuality as this wonderfully re-mastered Double CD from AVID clearly shows.
1. It’s De-Lovely
2. I Don’t Know Why
3. Everything But You with Max Kirby
4. Happy-Go-Lucky You (and Broken-Hearted Me)
5. When My Little Pomeranian MetYour Little Pekinese (with Al Bowlly)
6. Now You’re Here
7. S’cuse Me
8. Did You Ever See a Dream Walking?
9. Faint Harmony*
10. My Kid’s a Crooner (with Sybil Jason)
11. Pardon My English
12. Dancing with a Ghost
13. Let’s Lay Our Heads Together (with Arthur Riscoe)
14. I’d Do the Most Extraordinary Things (with Arthur Riscoe)
15. Now I Understand
16. You Bring Out the Savage In Me
17. Show Me the Way to Romance
19. Me and My Dog
20. I’m a Fool for Loving You
21. A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody
22. So Must Our Love Remain
23. I’ve Got You Under My Skin
24. Easy to Love
1. You Have That Extra Something
2. A Little White Room (with John Mills)
3. I Will Pray
4. Midnight and Music
5. Whispers in the Dark
6. Music, Maestro, Please!
7. How Do You Do, Mr. Right?
9. I L-L-Love You So
10. Much More Lovely
11. Do I Love You?
12. A Pair of Silver Wings
13. But in the Morning, No! (with Bud Flanagan)
14. (a) It’s De-Lovely (b) Underneath The Arches (with Bud Flanagan)
15. I Walked into a Dream Without Knocking
17. Give Him the Oo-La-La
18. You’ve Got It, I Want It
19. An Englishman Spoke in Grosvenor Square
20. Caesar’s Wife
21. The Wheels of Love
22. Heartbreak Hotel as ‘Gale Warning & The Weather Men’
23. Why Shouldn’t We? (excerpt) (with Meier Tzelniker)
24. Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?
25. Hang on to Happiness with Leslie Henson